We need a data engineer who wants nothing more than to wrangle massive amounts of data. Do you love to build on top of open source technologies like Hadoop and Cassandra using hundreds of servers? Do you enjoy using clever algorithms to build distributed systems in a polyglot environment? If you’re passionate about building the infrastructure to process, analyze and store hundreds of millions of events every day, then we want to talk to you. This position is based with our engineering team in our office in Austin, Texas.
About the job
- Implement stream processing pipelines to handle hundreds of millions of messages and events daily
- Use open source tools and data stores to analyze and store billions of data points
- Build workflows and APIs to make data accessible to end users as well as downstream systems
- Work in a fast-moving, agile team of other developers to build large features in a rapidly changing environment
- Take advantage of all these benefits and perks
- BS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or equivalent degree/work experience. MS/PhD a plus.
- Extensive production experience building and maintaining distributed systems
- Java (or JVM-based language) expertise
- Production experience with open source data stores such as HDFS (and related technologies), Cassandra or MongoDB in production environments
- A passion for analyzing data and making it understandable for users
- Experience with high velocity stream processing
- Experience with social APIs
- Experience with natural language processing algorithms
- Background in statistics
- Experience with Ruby
Is this you?
If you think this job is right for you email firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line Data Engineer. Include your resume and a link to your GitHub account. If you don’t have a GitHub account, send us some code you’re proud of.