We spend the week reading the best things we can get our eyeballs on and on Fridays we share them here with you as The Week in Social.
Read anything good that we missed? Share it with us on Twitter or give us your thoughts at @UnionMetrics.
All about influencer marketing
Here’s something that doesn’t get discussed quite as much when it comes to influencer marketing: Data Compliance Brings Added Cost to Influencer Marketing from Blake Droesch for eMarketer.
“While disclosure continues to dominate the conversation around influencer marketing, data compliance laws are adding another layer of confusion—and cost—for those operating in this evolving market.”
If it’s stats you’re keeping up with, then here are 7 Important Influencer Marketing Stats You Need to Know from Nathan Mendenhall for Social Media Today.
“But as the influencer market grows, fraud is becoming more rampant, and it’s increasingly difficult to discern when influencers are engaging in above-board, ethical publishing, and when they’re taking questionable shortcuts that dupe both the brands that pay them and the social media followers they’re meant to influence.”
And finally, here’s something else important to consider: As Influencer Marketing Becomes More Prominent, Fakers are Likely to Come Under Pressure from Andrew Hutchinson for SMT.
On everything else
To get started, here’s what it’s not:
“In other words, Dark Social isn’t dark posting (a paid media strategy), nor should it be a catch-all term for private messaging activity – two common misconceptions.”
Every week we keep an eye on the latest platform updates and share the ones we think are the most relevant here.
- Twitter Releases Image Editing Update for Desktop, New Features for Events [Andrew Hutchinson for SMT]
- Periscope Adds Live-Stream Guests – Though There is a Catch [Andrew Hutchinson for SMT]
- Instagram Stories Quiz Stickers Could be a Step Closer, Another Tool Worth Considering [Andrew Hutchinson for SMT]
- Instagram Rolls Out New IGTV Promotions in the Main Feed [Andrew Hutchinson for SMT]
- Facebook Rolls Out Messenger ‘Unsend’ Feature to All Users [Andrew Hutchinson for SMT]
- Facebook Is Developing a Unified Messaging Inbox for Businesses [Andrew Hutchinson for SMT]
Thanks, as always, for reading and we’ll see you back here next week!
Image source: The Found Animals Foundation.