It’s everyone’s favorite week of the year: The first full week back at work after the holidays!
To make things a little easier for you as you wade through your inbox and increasing calendar demands, we rounded up some of our best resources to help your team get organized and on track (even if your team is just you).
Got questions or something we missed? Find us on Twitter @UnionMetrics!
For your social media strategy needs
If you missed the webinar we did before the holidays, you can catch the recording here on how to Plan a killer 2019 Instagram strategy. We followed up on answering some of the questions we got during the webinar but ran out of time to answer in a blog post and in this edition of office hours (bonus: Betsy and Sarah are wearing turkey hats).
For your crisis communication strategy needs
Earlier this year we wrote about the crisis comms lessons learned from Tesla’s tweets.
Over on the TrendKite blog PR Forward, there are a series of posts to help any brand not only be crisis-ready, but be prepared to run a crisis as a power play:
- Preparing your crisis strategy for 2019
- Running your 2019 crisis strategy as a power play
- How to be ready when a crisis hits (a guest blog from Caitlin Copple Masingill from Oliver Russell)
Those blog posts paired with The 2019 Crisis Prevention Kit should ensure your best possible crisis strategy in this new year.
For your influencer strategy needs
PR Forward also has some great recent pieces on influencer marketing and strategy (hint: it’s all about building and maintaining healthy influencer relationships!):
- A Day in the Life: Influencer perspective from Amber St. Peter
- A Handy Guide to Working With B2B Influencers
- How to prep an influencer marketing budget for 2019
And of course there’s a handy playbook on Influencer Marketing in the Age of Digital PR.
Your overall strategy in the age of digital PR
Speaking of digital PR, that’s just the process of doing communications in the modern world; no part of marketing operates alone anymore and on small teams you’re expected to wear all of the hats across marketing, PR and social. You have to understand the activity of your customers digitally and otherwise, engage with them, optimize that engagement, and integrate all of this into your strategy. It’s an ongoing process and one that encompasses and increasing number of roles to get right.
With that in mind, here are a few more resources to help you put together a more comprehensive communications strategy for 2019:
- Top PR Trends to Watch in 2019 is a good overall look at the big comms trends this year, even if you aren’t PR focused
- The Social PR Strategy Toolkit looks at how these two sometimes separate roles need to work together for more success
- Measuring PR’s Impact: the Framework for Digital PR is a meaty ebook for those who really want to dig into digital PR
And finally there’s a webinar you can join next week (Thursday 1/17) to see the tactics to leave, bring, and master in 2019 when it comes to your overall comms strategy: New Year, New PR Strategy.
Happy new year!