We spend the week reading the best things we can get our eyeballs on and on Fridays we share them here with you as The Week in Social.
Read anything good that we missed? Share it with us on Twitter or give us your thoughts at @UnionMetrics.
All about Instagram and video
If you want your Instagram followers- or anyone checking out your content- to stick around for more of your Story, check out these 5 Tips to Reduce Bounce Rate on Instagram Stories from the Soft Scripts blog.
Heard of Instagram’s recent Nametag tool but aren’t sure how to use it? Here are 5 Ways to Use the Instagram Nametag Tool to Gain More Followers for Your Brand or Business from Dhariana Lozano for Social Media Today.
And in case you haven’t heard, Facebook is going all in on Stories: Facebook Publishes New Report on the Brand Potential of Stories from Andrew Hutchinson for SMT.
On everything else
Just in case you thought they were, here’s Why Social Media and Word of Mouth Are Not the Same Thing from Jay Baer for Convince & Convert.
Here’s a new golden rule of marketing that’s increasingly important as consumers worry about data privacy: Don’t be creepy. So what’s a brand who wants to create personalized content to do? See How to personalize without crossing the ‘creepy line’ from Robin Kurzer for Marketing Land.
Every week we keep an eye on what’s new across social platforms and share the most relevant and interesting updates here.
- Periscope Adds New Features to Boost Replay Engagement [Andrew Hutchinson for SMT]
- LinkedIn Offers New Integrations with Google Campaign Manager and Vimeo [Andrew Hutchinson for SMT]
- Twitter’s Launched an Updated Tweet Compose Option on iOS [Andrew Hutchinson for SMT]
- Facebook begins rolling out analytics for Instagram accounts & expanded Page analytics [Amy Gesenhues for Marketing Land]
- Instagram’s next cash cow: instant Promote ads for Stories [Josh Constine for TechCrunch]
- Instagram introduces new hashtag search API for businesses [Amy Gesenhues for Marketing Land]
As for that last one, we’re really excited that Facebook is investing in fully supporting hashtag search for businesses. Since this is a totally new API- and replaces the older deprecated one- our team is exploring how we can update our product to include this new functionality. We’ll have more specifics soon.
In the meantime, we still offer powerful analytics for your Instagram business profiles, including Story reporting. See our plans to pick the one that’s right for you.
Thanks for reading and we’ll see you again next week!
Image source: The Found Animals Foundation.