We spend the week reading the best things we can get our eyeballs on and on Fridays we share them here with you as The Week in Social.
Read anything good that we missed? Share it with us on Twitter or give us your thoughts at @UnionMetrics.
If you want to get more creative with your Instagram Stories, here are 5 Creative Tips for Instagram Stories (from Facebook’s Creative Shop Team) from Andrew Hutchinson for Social Media Today.
“So, the takeaway here is to do specific research within your audiences to determine their content preferences and deliver a range of content to meet the needs of different individual preferences and use cases.”
And finally, we might be biased but How to Prove Measurable Success with PR Attribution from TrendKite CEO Erik Huddleston for Spin Sucks is definitely worth a read.
“PR attribution is the single biggest opportunity for communications professionals to take the reigns of strategic messaging and content strategy and secure better budgets to deliver even better results.”
The latest platform updates
Every week we keep an eye on what’s new across social platforms and share the most relevant and interesting updates here.
This week it’s a lot of testing- and some rumors- around Instagram:
- Twitter Will Now Highlight Live-Streams from Accounts You Follow at the Top of Your Timeline [Andrew Hutchinson for SMT]
- Instagram is testing video tagging [Sarah Perez for TechCrunch]
- Instagram Shopping gets personalized Explore channel, Stories tags [Josh Constine for TC]
- Instagram may divide hashtags from captions to end overhashing [Josh Constine for TC]
- Instagram says it’s not testing or building a reposting feature [Johnny Lieu for Mashable]
Thanks for reading and we’ll be back again next week!
Image source: The Found Animals Foundation.