We spend the week reading the best things we can get our eyeballs on and on Fridays we share them here with you as The Week in Social.
Read anything good that we missed? Share it with us on Twitter or give us your thoughts at @UnionMetrics.
On content and influencers
Fraud is a rising problem in influencer marketing, so Influencer marketing platforms are making fraud ‘very obvious’ for brands to identify, as Kerry Flynn writes for Digiday.
Need a quick dive into IGTV? Here’s What Content Creators and Brands Need to Know About IGTV from Emily Farlow for SHIFT Comms.
Every week we keep an eye on what’s new across social platforms and share the most relevant and interesting updates here.
- Facebook Updates Video View Metrics to Provide More Clarity on Performance [Andrew Hutchinson for SMT]
- New Tools to Manage Your Time on Facebook and Instagram [Ameet Ranadive for Facebook Newsroom]
- Facebook May Be Looking to Add a New ‘Talent Show’ Singing Contest Option [Andrew Hutchinson for SMT]
- Twitter turns to academics to improve conversational health on the platform [Jordan Crook for TechCrunch]
- Twitter shares how it ranks search results after being accused of shadow banning accounts [Amy Gesenhues for Marketing Land]
- PSA: Automatic cross-posting of tweets to Facebook no longer works as of today [Sarah Perez for TechCrunch]
Thanks for reading and have a great weekend!
Image source: The Found Animals Foundation.