We spend the week reading the best things we can get our eyeballs on and on Fridays we share them here with you as The Week in Social.
We’re going to try to keep it short and sweet this week for the U.S. holiday, but we still wanted to keep you on track with the latest platform updates because there are a lot of them.
Read anything good that we missed? Share it with us on Twitter or give us your thoughts at @UnionMetrics.
On video marketing
Feeling fresh out of fresh ideas for your Instagram Stories? Check out these Creative Instagram Stories Tips, Tricks, and Tools from Laura Petrolino for Spin Sucks.
Curious about the state of all that live video? Remie Arena covers it for eMarketer in Live Video Streaming Continues to Gain Steam:
“More than half of live streaming video viewers are watching content via social platforms—outdistancing a TV network site or app (34%) or pay a TV service (21%) by a significant margin.”
On everything else
Wondering what your brand can do with polls? Nick Nelson covers The Power of Social Media Polls: The Drill-Down on 3 Platforms + 5 General Best Practices on the Top Rank Marketing blog.
Finally, here are 21 Things to Do (or Not Do) After a Social Media Algorithm Change from Ann Gynn for the Content Marketing Institute.
Every week we keep an eye on what’s new across social platforms and share the most relevant updates here.
- Facebook Adds Stories Archive, Enabling Re-Use of Stories Posts [Andrew Hutchinson for Social Media Today]
- Facebook testing AR ads in the News Feed & new tool to help brands create video ads [Amy Gesenhues for Marketing Land]
- Instagram adds the questions sticker, a new way to poll your friends [Casey Newton for The Verge]
- Instagram expands Collection ads & Shopping Bag icon for Stories to all brands [Amy Gesenhues for Marketing Land]
- Why your Twitter follower count might go down this week [Louise Matsakis for Wired]
- Twitter’s Adding a New Option to ‘Dock’ Videos so You Can Keep Watching as You Scroll [Andrew Hutchinson for SMT]
Thank you for reading and have a fantastic weekend!
Image source: The Found Animals Foundation.