We spend the week reading the best things we can get our eyeballs on and on Fridays we share them here with you as The Week in Social.
We’re going to try to keep it short and sweet this week for the U.S. holiday, but we still wanted to keep you on track with the latest platform updates because there are a lot of them.
Read anything good that we missed? Share it with us on Twitter or give us your thoughts at @UnionMetrics.
All about content, but mostly about Instagram
Social media is at the intersection of everything, so here are some Content Management Tips for Social Media Marketers from Avery Phillips on the SHIFT Comm blog.
If your brand is looking at getting into IGTV- or just a lot of the other video options on Instagram- here are 8 Tips for Producing Amazing Vertical Video Content from Nick Cicero for Social Media Today.
The latest platform updates
We’ve thrown in everything from last week too since we just shared our big announcement with TrendKite.
Here’s everything new and notable:
- Facebook Tests the Ability to Cross-Post Facebook Updates to Instagram [Andrew Hutchinson for SMT]
- Facebook prototypes tool to show how many minutes you spend on it [Josh Constine for TechCrunch]
- Instagram now lets you 4-way group video chat as you browse [Josh Constine for TechCrunch]
- Music Can Now Be Added to Photos, Videos in Instagram Stories [David Cohen for Adweek]
- Instagram’s Do Not Disturb and ‘Caught Up’ deter overgramming [Josh Constine for TechCrunch]
- Instagram launches Topic Channels in Explore, video chat in Direct & new camera effects [Amy Gesenhues for MarketingLand]
- Instagram testing open-ended questions in Stories to make content more interactive [Amy Gesenhues for MarketingLand]
Thank you for reading and hope you had a great holiday if you’re in the U.S.!
Image source: The Found Animals Foundation.