A new day, a new Instagram feature— at least it feels that way sometimes! We keep up with all of the latest Instagram features so you don’t have to.
Got questions or something we missed? Find us on Twitter @UnionMetrics.
Just last week Instagram introduced a new “Questions” sticker in Stories, similar to their Polls but open-ended. Responses show up like polls do and can be shared (anonymized) in a subsequent Story post.
It looks like this:
While the examples from Instagram seem to suggest it’s meant for Snapchat-like casual time-killing while you’re waiting on something (a bus, a long line for coffee etc) it’s also a great opportunity for brands and influencers to interact with their followers— think of it as an AMA you can quickly and easily screen the questions for before you choose to repost and respond to them.
We wrote a quick tip about adding other Instagram users’ posts to your Story most recently, and we have a bunch of other explainers on the blog around Instagram features:
- Instagram Story quick tip: How long should your Story be?
- Instagram quick tip: How to use the emoji slider
- How brands can use tagging and mentions on Instagram
- How to create good graphics for your Instagram Stories
And Everything you need to know about Instagram Stories features has all of the earlier features broken down:
- Type (we wrote about when to use this here)
- Live: Broadcast a livestream to your followers on Instagram; can add to your Story for 24hrs. Can’t add to Stories highlights on your profile, however.
- Normal: Upload pictures/video from the past 24hrs or before (those come with a date stamp but you can delete that by dragging it to the trash can icon at the bottom of the screen)
- Boomerang (we wrote about when to use this here)
- Superzoom (we wrote about how to use this here)
- Rewind (we wrote about how to use this here)
- Hands-Free (we wrote about how to use this here)
- Stop-Motion (we wrote about how to use this here)
Got a question about another Instagram feature we haven’t covered? Let us know! We’re always happy to help.