We spend the week reading the best things we can get our eyeballs on and on Fridays we share them here with you as The Week in Social.
Read anything good that we missed? Share it with us on Twitter or give us your thoughts at @UnionMetrics.
On video marketing
If you’ve been experimenting with Instagram Stories but feel like it’s time to take your content up a notch, check out these 12 Essential Tips for Creating Instagram Stories Like a Pro from Myriah Anderson for Impact’s blog.
Haven’t jumped into live video full-force yet? Prepare yourself and your brand with this comprehensive guide from Neil Patel for Kissmetrics: Why Live Video Is Your Next Big Win (and How to Start Dominating Today).
On influencer marketing
Wondering what’s different for B2B influencer marketing vs. B2C? Check out 11 Things You Must Know About B2B Influencer Marketing from Jay Baer for Convince & Convert.
And if it’s taking your influencer marketing to the next level that you’re after, then you want these 4 Expert Influencer Marketing Tips That Will Transform Your Campaigns from Paul Bingham for Jeff Bullas’s blog.
On content marketing
Finally, once you’ve got good content you need to be sure you’re promoting it as best as you can. Spin Sucks has you covered with this Blog Checklist: Five Ways to Promote Your Content from Gini Dietrich.
The latest platform updates
We spend every week keeping up with the latest platform updates and share the ones we think are most relevant here.
- Facebook Takes Action Against Instagram ‘Pod’ Groups [Andrew Hutchinson for Social Media Today]
- Facebook adds Voice Posts, Stories archive, and new cloud storage features [Thomas Ricker for The Verge]
- Facebook Continues to Test News Feed Options to Prompt More Engagement [Andrew Hutchinson for SMT]
- A leaked look at Facebook’s search engine for influencer marketing [Josh Constine for Tech Crunch]
- Snapchat Rolls Out 6-Second, Unskippable Ads in Shows [Andrew Hutchinson for SMT]
- Instagram CEO confirms upcoming “time spent” Usage Insights [Josh Constine for Tech Crunch]
- Instagram is letting users share posts directly to their stories [Chaim Gartenberg for The Verge]
- Twitter is changing how conversations happen based on user behavior and conduct [Amy Gesenhues for Marketing Land]
Thanks for reading and we’ll see you again next week!
Image source: The Found Animals Foundation.