We spend the week reading the best things we can get our eyeballs on and on Fridays we share them here with you as The Week in Social.
Read anything good that we missed? Share it with us on Twitter or give us your thoughts at @UnionMetrics.
On Instagram things that aren’t API changes
Looking for a creative new approach to Instagram Stories? Check out these examples of Publishers treating Instagram Stories like episodic TV from Tim Peterson for Digiday.
Been experimenting with Instagram Stories but still aren’t sure if anything is good enough to stick to your Highlights? Tiffany Rutkowski explains Why Brands Should Use Instagram Story Highlights for Likeable Media’s blog.
On keeping up
If you need a quick summary for the year on what has changed on social media so far and what it means for brands, here’s The Biggest Social Media Changes So Far in 2018 – And How to Keep Up from Albizu Garcia for Social Media Today.
For those keeping with Facebook, here’s What marketers need to know about Facebook’s updated Business Tools Terms from Greg Finn for Marketing Land.
The latest platform updates
Some weeks this section is a trickle.
This week it’s more of a flood:
- LinkedIn’s Forcing Users to Add Hashtags to Posts, Rolling Out New Profile Format [Andrew Hutchinson for SMT]
- LinkedIn Adds New GIF Access Within its On-Platform Messaging [Andrew Hutchinson for SMT]
- Facebook’s Implementing Disclosure on “Issues Ads”, Adding Verification Requirement for Page Managers [Andrew Hutchinson for SMT]
- Changes to Improve Your Instagram Feed [Instagram] (And here’s SMT’s explainer on it)
- Facebook testing unsend messages [Josh Constine for TechCrunch]
- Instagram nametags [Josh Constine for TechCrunch]
- Instagram rolls out Focus portrait mode for videos and photos [Josh Constine for TechCrunch]
- Instagram’s Working on a New Q and A Sticker Option for Instagram Stories [Andrew Hutchinson for SMT]
Thanks for reading and we’ll see you again next week!
Image source: The Found Animals Foundation.