We spend the week reading the best things we can get our eyeballs on and on Fridays we share them here with you as The Week in Social.
Read anything good that we missed? Share it with us on Twitter or give us your thoughts at @UnionMetrics.
On content marketing
Work smarter, not harder; upcycle your content using Ann Smarty’s piece for Convince & Convert on How to Recycle Old Content to Increase Your Conversions.
It’s no secret that the amount of content available for consumption far outweighs the time, interest and energy available to consume it. What to do? Start by reading Hilary Bird’s How to Stand Out in the Era of “Content Shock” for Spin Sucks.
On influencer marketing
If you need a comprehensive get-started guide for working with influencers, Bill Widmer’s How to find, reach out to, and work with influencers (without breaking the bank) for the Marketing Insider Group’s blog isn’t a bad place to start.
Every week we do a quick roundup of the platform updates we think are most relevant to our audience.
This week it’s:
- Facebook Now Lists Page Posting Frequency in Search Results [Andrew Hutchinson for Social Media Today]
- Facebook Signed a New Deal Which Will Enable Users to Include Popular Music in their Videos [Andrew Hutchinson for SMT]
- New Facebook News Feed Algorithm Updates You Need to Know [Nathan Mendenhall for SMT]
- Instagram will now add ‘Recommended’ posts to your feed [Sarah Perez for TechCrunch]
- Instagram tests letting users post Stories directly to WhatsApp [Ingrid Lunden for TechCrunch]
Thank you, as always, for reading and we’ll see you next week!
Image source: The Found Animals Foundation.