We’ve written a lot about Instagram over the years so periodically we like to gather and update that advice, adding in new information around platform updates and shifts in best practices. Consider this the latest and greatest in our Instagram advice for brands.
Got a question or something we missed? Find us on Twitter @UnionMetrics.
Our best tips and tricks
There’s a lot to cover when it comes to Instagram, so you might start with our most recent roundup of all of our best Instagram advice, which is aptly titled Our best Instagram advice for brands and breaks things down into tips for hashtags, when to use Boomerang, and a lot more.
Supplement with our more recent updates on newer features, such as:
- The third-party Instagram apps worth your time
- What you need to know about Instagram Stories and other new features
- How brands are using Instagram’s new feature, plus our tips to get the most out of it (on the relatively new multiple photo post option)
You might also want to check out 4 tips to perfect your Instagram video strategy and How to apply your best Instagram lessons to other channels.
Go more in-depth
If you want some in-depth reading around Instagram, our whitepaper Success on Instagram: A data primer for brands is based on research around 55 top-performing brands on Instagram and is full of evergreen best practices you can apply to your own strategy.
We also have an Instagram marketing strategy guide that covers all the most important aspects of marketing on Instagram:
- What and when to post to maximize engagement
- How to use hashtags
- How to think about your visual branding
- Why you should get to know Instagram communities
- The metrics you should be monitoring to track your progress
- How to integrate Instagram into your larger multi-channel social media strategy
It’s all free, so mix and match the resources that will help the most with the gaps in your brand’s own Instagram strategy. And if you want to see how our analytics can fill in any other gaps your social strategy might have, we’re always happy to help! Hit the button below, or email us.