Don’t start off on the wrong foot this year by assuming that if you didn’t have your year-long roadmap for your brand done in August of 2016 (in stone), all is lost. There’s no time like the present for tweaking what it is you’ve already got or even starting from scratch.
We’ve gathered all of our best planning resources for your strategy in one place for your easy reference. Got a question we missed? Find us on Twitter @UnionMetrics.
For content marketing
From conducting an audit to actually using that audit to plan the next year’s strategy, a lot of thought goes into content marketing. Here’s our best advice to make it as painless as possible.
- Here is everything you need to wrap up last year and plan for this year with a content audit
- You don’t want to be a “brand saying bae” so study The delicate balance of GIFs, emojis and more for brands
- As for working smarter not harder, see Remarketing older content on social media
For social media marketing
Twitter, Tumblr, Instagram, Facebook, the next big thing we haven’t heard about yet. How to keep up with all the changing features, emerging best practices and more? Start with these:
- Whether you’re new to a team or brand, unexpectedly taking on a new role or just trying to educate someone else, here’s How to quickly catch up on the history of your social brand when you’re new
- For Instagram specifically, here’s:
- For Twitter specifically, here’s:
- For Facebook specifically:
- For Tumblr specifically:
For more on measurement and experimentation
We always encourage leaving room in any social media marketing strategy for a little experimentation because you never know what your audience might love. With that said, you have to be measuring how your audience is reacting to the content you’re producing in order to know if any experiment is working, so understanding particular metrics is crucial.
- Why you need to measure engagement and not just mentions
- Nail your next campaign using social data
- Do you really understand your audience?
- Why mid-campaign measurement is crucial to the success of your campaign
- Why earned media is as important as your owned media
Bonus read: Finding the right influencer for your brand.
The bottom line?
Pick and choose what it is you need to skim, browse, ingest and bookmark your way into the best content strategies possible for your brand in 2017. And as always, if you need help measuring your efforts, we’re here for you.