It’s Friday, so that means it’s time for This Week in Social Analytics and our favorite posts of the past week in the world of measurement, analytics, and social media. See a great piece we missed? Link to it in the comments, or tell us about it on Twitter or Facebook.
The answer to every data visualization isn’t an infographic.
“The key is focusing on what you’re trying to accomplish and then determining the best medium (hat tip to Marshall McLuhan).
Connecting with your audience, whether speaking to them on an emotional or intellectual level, will always trump marketing messages.”
Three Steps Towards Developing an Authentic Brand Voice in Social Media [from Social Media Today; written by Andrew Hutchison]
“The key is understanding your target audience, knowing what information they’re seeking – as opposed to the information you want to tell them – and communicating that in line with a consistent brand mission to guide the way, underlining your brand purpose with every interaction.”
Last week Mary Meeker’s 2014 Internet Trends report [KPCB] came out, and this week saw more great summaries of it, highlighting different areas of the constantly changing digital landscape. Check out: The 10 Internet Trend Charts You Need To See From Mary Meeker from B2B Marketing Insider, and Thoughts on Mary Meeker’s 2014 Internet Trends Report from Edelman Digital.
A few more good research reports also came out:
- 7 Social Media Trends for Marketers: New Research [from Social Media Examiner; written by Patricia Redsicker]
- Digital behaviour: generational differences [from We Are Social; written by Cat Millar]
- Want To Reach Millennials? ‘Social Dialogue Is Key’ [from PR Newser; written by Tonya Garcia]
- Why 61% of Consumers Unfollow Brands on Social Media [from Social Times; written by Kimberlee Morrison]
- How Top Charities and Non-Profits are Using Social Media [from Marketing Charts; written by staff]
There were also a lot of great pieces around Instagram out this week:
- How to Scale Your Brand’s Online Engagement Through Instagram Marketing [from Social Media Today; written by Michael Bird]
- Instagram User Generated Content Rocks Marketing Results [from Heidi Cohen]
- 4 Creative Ways Your Business Can Use Instagram [from Social Media Today; written by Deborah Sweeney]
- How Popular is Instagram With Youth? [from Marketing Charts; written by staff]