We need an engineer who wants nothing more than to wrangle massive amounts of data. Do you love to build on top of open source technologies like Hadoop and Cassandra using hundreds of servers? Do you enjoy working in a polyglot environment with plenty of variety? If you’re passionate about building the infrastructure to process, analyze, and store hundreds of millions of events every day, then we want to talk to you.
About the job
- Implement stream processing pipelines to handle hundreds millions of messages and events daily
- Use open source tools and data stores to analyze and store billions of data points
- Build workflows to make data accessible to end users
- Work in a fast-moving, agile team of other developers to build large features in a rapidly changing environment
- BS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or equivalent degree/work experience. MS/PhD a plus.
- Extensive experience with MapReduce-style implementation using Hadoop
- Production experience with open source data stores such as HDFS (and related technologies), Cassandra or MongoDB in production environments
- Java and/or Ruby expertise
- A passion for analyzing data and making it understandable for users
- Experience with high velocity stream processing
- Experience with social APIs
- Experience with natural language processing algorithms
- Background in statistics
Is this you?
If you think this job is right for you email email@example.com with the subject line Data Engineer. Include your resume and a link to your GitHub account. If you don’t have a GitHub account, send us some code you’re proud of. If you don’t have any code you’re proud of, that’s probably not good.